With Chris Leben headlining the event, it was a short night for Spike tv's ultimate fight night. Leben was rocked more than once in a very short but exciting one minute fight. Anderson Silva showed great patience, power and incredible hand speed. In the short one round fight he managed to show skills that show exactly how much ring experience he does have. Unlike UFC new comers in the past, Silva showed a lot of ring awareness and patience. Something that has proven to be difficult for many UFC debuts.
With another win or two under his belt, Anderson Silva looks to be a near future contender for Rich Franklin. Franklin should have enough time to nurse his recent injuries as Silva works to the top, but we don't see another contender for Franklin anytime soon.
Ultimate Fight Night 5's Undercard:
- Josh Koscheck won in an unaminous decision over former middleweight champ Dave Menne.
- Jason Lambert defeated Branden Lee Hinkle with a first round stoppage.
- Jon Fitch stopped Brazil’s Thiago Alves in the second.
- Rob MacDonald (of the Ultimate Fighter 2) defeated Kristian Rothaermel
Wednesday June 28th live on Spike TV: Ultimate Fight Night 5 in the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.
- Chris Leben vs. Anderson Silva*
- Rashad Evans vs. Stephan Bonnar*
- Jorge Gorgel vs. Mark Hominick
- Dave Menne (Former UFC Middleweight champ) vs. Josh Koscheck
- Branden Lee Hinkle vs. Jason Lambert
- Jon Fitch vs. Thiago Alves
- Jonathan Goulet vs. Luke Cummo*
*will be televised
August 17th: Diego Sanchez vs. Karo Parisyan Headline on Ultimate Fight Night 6. TUF 2's Seth Petruzelli will be fighting on the under card.